In this latest episode looking at legacy in the ephemeral world of theatre, Rebecca Atkinson-Lord talks to Iain Bloomfield. He’s the artistic director of Theatre In The Mill in Bradford. They talk about the intersection of academia and art, and how the two spheres can feed into each other. They also question the purpose of the Arts Council. There’s swearing in this episode because Rebecca encourages Iain to say ‘fuck’.
Most Popular Articles
in the past seven days
- The Exeunt Awards
- Immersive theatre: Towards a dramaturgy of participation
Persis Jade Maravala and Jorge Lopes Ramos
- Review: Grimly Handsome at the Royal Court
- Review: Dick Whittington at Exeter Northcott Theatre
- Review: Callisto: a queer epic at the Arcola Theatre
- Review: Bang Bang at Bewley's Café Theatre, Dublin
- Review: The Red Shoes at the Gate Theatre, Dublin
- Review: How to Win Against History at the Young Vic
- Lucy J. Skilbeck: "Gender is farcical."
- Why it's time for musical theatre to embrace grime
Enter your email address below to get an occasional email with Exeunt updates and featured articles.